Yachtsmen worldwide rely on WRI to provide timely and accurate weather for trans-ocean crossings, coastal transits, area cruises, and day trips. Since 1961, Weather Routing, Inc. has established a reputation as the World Leader in Yacht Forecasting, with:
- Detailed, Personalized World-Wide Forecasts
- Forecast Maps and Meteograms
- Online Supplemental Weather Service SeaWeather
- Heavy Weather Alerts and Tropical Surveillance
- Climatology Studies
- Race and Rally Forecasts
- Sailing/Fishing Charts and Forecasts
- Marina Locator and Forecasts
Our forecasts and routing advice are custom-tailored for your yacht. We constantly monitor your vessel and as conditions dictate, will contact you directly to keep you in the know of any changes.
Services and Forecast Information Include:
- Synopsis of weather features in play
- A Conclusions section that provides route and prognostic reasoning
- A “Go/Delay” recommendation and recommended route
- A Detailed tabular forecast, in PDF form
- Meteograms (graphical forecast information for your area or trip)
- Forecast weather and oceanographic charts
- Race, Rally, and Fishing Tournament Services
- Climatology Studies
WRI’s Climatology Studies detail prevailing weather patterns and optimal departure and routing options for transits weeks/months in advance, allowing for ease in long-range trip planning.
Our Climatology Studies Include:
Our race and rally services provide optimal routing recommendations for most favorable conditions, factoring both weather and currents, using high-resolution data, generated in-house.
Race and Rally Services Include:
- Detailed routing and forecast information leading up to the start of the race/rally
- Enroute weather updates as rules permit
- Complimentary Instant Severe Weather Alerts
- High resolution racing charts
- SeaWeather.net online weather information service
WRI’s fishing tournament services include weather forecasts and high-resolution fishing charts. Our SeaWeather.net service includes an interactive Fishing Planner page where you can view hotspot fishing zones for inshore and offshore species, along with weather and fishing chart overlays.
Fishing Tournament Services Include:
- Detailed weather forecasts for the tournament region
- High Resolution Fishing Charts
- Instant Severe Weather Alerts
- SeaWeather.net with Fishing Planner Page
View Our Fishing Tournaments Brochure
WRI provides daily tropical summaries and when any threat is detected, our alert system provides instant notification so you can plan and receive detailed information as needed.
- Continuous monitoring for any heavy weather or tropical threat
- Customized “heavy weather” thresholds
- Earthquake/Tsunami Alerts
- Daily Adverse Weather Summaries highlighting potential impacts over the next 7 days
- Daily basin-wide Tropical Summaries
- Upgrade to optimum routing/forecasting if any threat develops
- Interactive web-based weather information resource
- Latest data continuously updated
- Vessel location plotted on all forecast charts (with AIS tracking)
- Winds, Seas, Precipitation, Currents, Temperatures, Visibility, Ice/Freezing Spray
- Port Forecasts and specialized reports for any location
- Tropical Tracker provides latest tropical analysis, forecasts, discussions, and charts
- Interactive Voyage Planner allows user to create/compare routes
- Real-Time Observations (ship, land, buoy), Satellites, and Radars
WRI’s SeaWeather OnBoard is the desktop version of our Voyage Planner. Users can create and compare multiple routing options, and overlay weather and current charts to aid in trip planning.
- Continuous Internet connection is not required
- Voyage Planner program allowing user to view/edit routing options and overlay forecast weather maps
- Compare time, distance, weather, currents, consumption, and more on different route options
- Summary table guides user to optimum route for their requirements
WRI also provides forecasts on request and tropical surveillance, and our SeaWeather.net service includes a marina locator directory and links to marina websites.
- Site specific daily Seven Day Forecasts & Synopsis
- Daily High Tide and Low Tide Times
- Instant alerts sent to your marina for various weather hazards
- Marina Locator Directory and clickable logos
- Four month complimentary trials offered under no obligation
Great Harbour Marina
Great Harbour Cay Marina, located only 123 miles from Fort Lauderdale has 70 slips, fuel, water,laundry, showers, grocery, liquor, restaurants and pool. Car rental or taxi service is available as are bike rentals. Miles and miles of beautiful beaches can be reached by boat, dinghy, bike or taxi.
Please view the below links for additional details on our products/services for yachting/fishing vessels